Forum: Ruby on Rails ajax search

B121c62780dde6d0a3521a2d4dacf613?d=identicon&s=25 levi mccallum (Guest)
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit new to rails, but I have played around with it for the last
month.
I really enjoy programming in rails and I feel that I should program my
new
application through this framework.

I am very exited when I start creating my scaffolds and views, there is
some
sense of accomplishment.

Now I would really like to make a search function my page that would
search
through the different posts that were created though my DB. Mostly I
would
like to keep the search keyword or title so that it would just start
searching by words I type in, I am very familiar with scriptaculous but
until now I have only used it with normal XHTML and a bit of PHP.
Through
this search function I would like the user to start typing in the search
field located at the top of the 'blog' page. Soon after they start
typing,
the blog posts under neath the field would disappear and the search
results
would start showing up. Sort of like Curt Hibbs'
blog<http://blog.curthibbs.us/>,
if see on the right hand side of his page he has a 'live search'
function.
This is sort of what I would like to do, but theoretically it would fill
up
the whole page.

If anyone could help me out with this or just direct me to a link,
please do
so.

Thank You

Levi McCallum
humble pixel <http://humblepixel.com>
3f900b38ec3b2c45427c354722fa4ce3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Fakes (tomfakes)
Curt's blog software is Typo.  You can find out all about Typo,
including
the source code, here http://typo.leetsoft.com/trac/

  _____

 <http://humblepixel.com> humble pixel