Forum: Ruby on Rails Getting started with Ruby and FreeRIDE

32b2812109e54f2613b59bc4f0294413?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Davis (Guest)
I have downloaded the Ruby Windows installer, installed everything, and
started FreeRIDE. The FreeRIDE documentation says:

> The first thing you'll want to do is to create a new file. Click on File
> -> New: a new empty editor window named 'Untitled 1' is created. Type the
> following code in the empty editor window:
>
> Click on File -> Save and navigate in a working directory of your choice
> where you'll save the file with the name 'buffer.rb'.

Note that there is no suggested code to type into the editor window.
What
the heck is supposed to go here?

Jim
71f1b6b2c3fd9af2e8c52618fb91caa6?d=identicon&s=25 Jules (Guest)
on 2006-01-15 21:27
puts "Hello World"
gets

But if you can start FreeRIDE, Ruby works: FreeRIDE is coded in Ruby.

You can learn Ruby here:

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/