Forum: Ruby on Rails hide_action doesnot hide view

2689ef6ed6006970c3d153075df3df18?d=identicon&s=25 Jigar Gosar (cujigar)
on 2006-01-14 11:04
The view file (eg. apps/views/items/list.rhrml) is still displayed even
when the action is hidden (hide_action :list). How can I hide view file
form being automatically displayed in this circumstance?

thanks,
jigar
E555e7c34196967444a47a96395a23ab?d=identicon&s=25 Stefan Kaes (Guest)
Jigar Gosar wrote:
> The view file (eg. apps/views/items/list.rhrml) is still displayed even
> when the action is hidden (hide_action :list). How can I hide view file
> form being automatically displayed in this circumstance?
>
> thanks,
> jigar

Delete the view file. This assumes, of course, that you don't need it
anymore. Otherwise, why would you want to hide the action?

-- stefan

--
For rails performance tuning, see: http://railsexpress.de/blog
2689ef6ed6006970c3d153075df3df18?d=identicon&s=25 Jigar Gosar (Guest)

> Delete the view file. This assumes, of course, that you don't need it
> anymore. Otherwise, why would you want to hide the action?

i cant delete it, cause it will be required in future(in abt 15 days). i
just wanted to disable signup for my application for some time.

So, can i assiume there is no way, yet, in rails to completely disable
action and view?

> -- stefan
>
> --
> For rails performance tuning, see: http://railsexpress.de/blog
rename it?

It is under version control, right?  Go ahead and delete it, then
restore
when you need it again.

matt
2689ef6ed6006970c3d153075df3df18?d=identicon&s=25 Jigar Gosar (Guest)
on 2006-01-17 01:37
matthew clark wrote:
> rename it?
>
> It is under version control, right?

not really ;), not right now, but i can put it under vcs.

>Go ahead and delete it, then
> restore
> when you need it again.
>
> matt

and for restoring, i'll have to remember all the filenames and their
version nos (or a tag will do) and merge the changes when ever i require
tham back.

you'll have to agree, that it is more painful than having something like
"hide_view" in code.

thanks for the reply, i'll probably will delete view code and use
"hide_action" in my controller.

jigar.