Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: [OT] TDD, Goats and Happiness (WAS: The Guilt List)

6ff739ae9ebd9522b6bac69ed2e7d25f?d=identicon&s=25 Dean Matsueda (Guest)
[snip good stuff]

> After that you realize that TDD just makes you happy, so you start to
apply it to other aspects of your life.

Wait, I thought happiness had something to do with goats and feeling
guilty about it.  I'm confused.  Again.

But I would second Dylan's suggestion of seeing a video of TDD in action
w/ RoR.  Having never tried this, it's difficult to imagine how it would
work in practice.  I'll Google more about this later but if anyone has
any suggestions on where to start, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks!
95eb06f24b2e217e9f290f7227cdbf55?d=identicon&s=25 Dudley Flanders (Guest)
On Jan 12, 2006, at 5:50 PM, Dean Matsueda wrote:

> w/ RoR.  Having never tried this, it's difficult to imagine how it
> would
> work in practice.  I'll Google more about this later but if anyone has
> any suggestions on where to start, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks!

I'll third that (can you third something? I'm not up on my parliamentary
procedure). I learned a lot by working through a tutorial a long time
ago
that was basically a step-by-step account of someone writing a library
using TDD. It was fun, but I don't think there was any bestiality. I
think
it was in Java though, so I can go ahead and feel guilty about that :)

-dudley