Forum: Ruby on Rails File Upload from URL?

81194a50c0f9bd95d7832a77fdf371bd?d=identicon&s=25 CSN (Guest)
Rather than having a file upload field, I want to have
a text field where a URL can be specified, then get
the file from the URL and treat it like a typical file
upload (presumably saving it in /tmp). Anybody know
how to do this?

Thanks
csn

> Rather than having a file upload field, I want to have
> a text field where a URL can be specified, then get
> the file from the URL and treat it like a typical file
> upload (presumably saving it in /tmp). Anybody know
> how to do this?

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

Look at the entry for net/http.  It gives an example of this.