Forum: Ruby on Rails Domain Registration -- Private ?

E6dd9cedee99f9d02e5f87d80ee0e681?d=identicon&s=25 Warren Seltzer (Guest)
The domain registration companies are pushing an add-on called 'Private
Registration'
where they keep your email and other personal info secret to prevent
spam.  Is this a good
deal?  Is it needed?  Do you have it?  Do you wish you did?

 Warren
Ff82af3238a57fbd1212832ec1a19f28?d=identicon&s=25 Dylan Stamat (Guest)
I've never bought into it, and haven't had any problem.
5cfd7e9223637ea26c81c2cc3e43799e?d=identicon&s=25 Craig Webster (Guest)
On 12 Jan 2006, at 20:55, Warren Seltzer wrote:
> The domain registration companies are pushing an add-on called
> 'Private Registration' where they keep your email and other
> personal info secret to prevent spam.  Is this a good deal?  Is it
> needed?  Do you have it?  Do you wish you did?

We sometimes get mail from "The Domain Registry of America" trying to
get us to renew our domains with them at an outrageous price. Apart
from that we've had no bother.

Yours,
Craig
--
Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig@xeriom.net
Xeriom.NET    | f: +44 (0)131 661 0689 | w: http://xeriom.net
On Thu, Jan 12, 2006, Warren Seltzer wrote:
> The domain registration companies are pushing an add-on called 'Private Registration'
> where they keep your email and other personal info secret to prevent spam.  Is this a
good
> deal?  Is it needed?  Do you have it?  Do you wish you did?

I get on the order of 5-10 messages a day to addresses that exist only
in my DNS record.  My spam filtering works pretty well, it's not worth
the money I'd spend on the 'private' domain registration.

Pointless, in my opinion.

Ben
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
On Jan 12, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Ben Bleything wrote:

> Pointless, in my opinion.
>
> Ben

pointless += 1

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz