Forum: Ruby on Rails Production deployment on Dreamhost?

143d37bc67b04ad4fdc69beddda48651?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Taylor (Guest)
Does anyone have any experience with production deployment of RoR on
Dreamhost? Is it now stable enough? Any tips and tricks?

Thanks a lot,

Tom
6ada7b467b3cce5cc13c4f09d69fd275?d=identicon&s=25 Topper Nineten (topper910)
on 2009-07-23 13:49
Tom,
My experience has been great using rails on Dreamhost so far.  I found
that it was not the best place to fully deploy a rails environment, but
if the development was done locally and the shared host with limited
access - Dreamhost, just handled the live environment with the fastcgi I
was fine.  I wrote an article here
http://topcweb.com/content/ruby-rails-setup  Pretty much install instant
rails locally and do your development there.  Also feel free to contact
me and I will share further.
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:49 AM, Topper Nineten <
rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> Tom,
> My experience has been great using rails on Dreamhost so far.  I found
> that it was not the best place to fully deploy a rails environment, but
> if the development was done locally and the shared host with limited
> access - Dreamhost, just handled the live environment with the fastcgi I
> was fine.  I wrote an article here
> http://topcweb.com/content/ruby-rails-setup  Pretty much install instant
> rails locally and do your development there.  Also feel free to contact
> me and I will share further.

My experience has also been very good with Dreamhost and I use
Passenger instead of fastcgi.

Good luck,

-Conrad