Forum: Rails Engines [ANN] Engines plugin 1.0.4

I've prepared a new release which *should* hopefully fix the
controller loading issues in the previous version. If any of you have
been plagued by errors loading User#list, for example, this should
hopefully solve your problems. If not, reply on the engine-developers
list and we'll figure it out.

The new release can be found at:
  http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/engines/tags/rel_1.0.4
and, as usual:
  http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/engines

Fingers crossed I didn't break anything this time!

For anyone who wants the background to this, it seems that the actual
string Rails uses to require files varies, depending in some cases on
where your application is in your filesystem. For instance, rel_1.0.3
worked fine for me in my regular development directory, but broke in
the same way many of you reported when I used it in the /tmp
directory. Most odd. This new release tries to be a bit more thorough
when determining the actual file Rails is trying to load.

- james
Ed5facbfa0a54d5cc4d2af9fc98d46b6?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Greiser (tgreiser)
on 2006-01-12 17:29
James Adam wrote:
> I've prepared a new release which *should* hopefully fix the
> controller loading issues in the previous version. If any of you have
> been plagued by errors loading User#list, for example, this should
> hopefully solve your problems.

1.0.4 works for me.  Cheers!

Tim.