Forum: Ruby on Rails Anybody building elearning apps with Rails

840f913684e71b2183e0aa7b962d802e?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hello

I'm new to rails (just boarded the Train a week ago). I've been an
elearning developer for about 10 years and for the last couple of years
have solely concentrated on adding tools to a proprietary Learning
Management System built in Coldfusion. ...But I'm also a Java and
ASP.NET
developer.

I am keen to start an open source rails inspired project to build the
generation learning and teaching system. I don't want to use the term
"Learning Management System" as these systems are too big and management
focussed to be useful. I am much more interested in using Rails and Ajax
to build learning tools.

Anyway just wondering if anybody else is using rails to build learning
tools.

Take Care

Aneesha
80b3b3a2e46cc1418f92497a1e8f84ae?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Jones (Guest)
aneesha@codeintime.com wrote:

> "Learning Management System" as these systems are too big and management
> focussed to be useful. I am much more interested in using Rails and Ajax
> to build learning tools.
>
> Anyway just wondering if anybody else is using rails to build learning
> tools.
>
> Take Care
>
> Aneesha

Hi - I'm not exactly developing a learning tool at the moment, but I'm
in
the same ballpark - FreeMIS is an open source school MIS.  I've found
Rails
really productive!

--
Robert Jones
7cc2183535871f7c5c22b7e957a224b0?d=identicon&s=25 Joseph Chan (Guest)

Check out this blog: http://grahamglass.blogs.com/main/

The author is working on education related product in RoR.

Joe