Forum: Ruby on Rails Wiki Home Page Has Spam Links

Ef0db53920b243d6758c2f6b1306df0d?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Ross (cwd)
on 2006-01-11 21:03
It seems the wiki-spam bot has been at work again. There are numerous
hidden links toward the top of the page that might be better gardened
out right away, if you know what I mean ;-|
317aad7f9f0b69a440faca74bbe22b20?d=identicon&s=25 Jakob Skjerning (Guest)
On Jan 11, 2006, at 21:03, Steve Ross wrote:

> It seems the wiki-spam bot has been at work again. There are numerous
> hidden links toward the top of the page that might be better gardened
> out right away, if you know what I mean ;-|

Feel free to garden them out. Edit, Back in time, and Rollback are as
available to you as they are to the rest of us. Check the bottom of
the page.

--
Jakob Skjerning - http://mentalized.net
Cd4185cdca53ccdc11cd24ebc0cfb46d?d=identicon&s=25 Glen Stampoultzis (Guest)

> On Jan 11, 2006, at 21:03, Steve Ross wrote:
>
> > It seems the wiki-spam bot has been at work again. There are numerous
> > hidden links toward the top of the page that might be better gardened
> > out right away, if you know what I mean ;-|
>
> Feel free to garden them out. Edit, Back in time, and Rollback are as
> available to you as they are to the rest of us. Check the bottom of
> the page.

It seems to be out of control.  Tons of pages have been effected.
Much of it has been hidden so that it's only visible during edits.
Some sort of scode like system would help a lot.  That and preventing
html from being embedded into wiki pages.