Forum: Ruby on Rails [Q] acts_as_ferret : how to initialize index

Ef0db53920b243d6758c2f6b1306df0d?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Ross (cwd)
on 2006-01-11 00:53
Suppose I have an existing database and would like to use ferret. What's
an easy way to ferretize the existing data in a table?

Thanks
5fc52b212d554dd8e0337bf27a5187f3?d=identicon&s=25 Lee Marlow (Guest)
We took one of the acts_as_ferret implementations found at
http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac/wiki/FerretOnRails and modified it
a little to fit our project's needs.  Unfortunately, it looks like
davebalmain.com is down at the moment.

The implementations were posted and discussed in the following rails
thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails/32709.  The
implementation in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails/35112 is what we
started with.  It even has a simple rake task for rebuilding the

So far it is working well for us.  Good luck.

-Lee
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
> Unfortunately, it looks like
> davebalmain.com is down at the moment.

It's back up again. Looks like I got back from my holidays just in time.
:-)