Forum: Ruby on Rails Support for Unicode strings?

0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 RHaus (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 23:23
I am rather new to ruby but was considering to use it for my next
project. However, support for Unicode strings would be essential. This
includes the correct handling of unicode strings in regular expressions,
in IO operations etc. Is there a way to do this in ruby?
0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 RHaus (Guest)
on 2006-01-10 23:24
RHaus wrote:
> I am rather new to ruby but was considering to use it for my next
> project. However, support for Unicode strings would be essential. This
> includes the correct handling of unicode strings in regular expressions,
> in IO operations etc. Is there a way to do this in ruby?

Sorry ... I wanted to post this to the Ruby list, not the RoR list.