Forum: Ruby on Rails uploading an image to a Rails app

Eea3feaacbe44706164289d068d94828?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Michaux (Guest)

I want to upload a product image to my rails app. I only want to store
the file name in the database and the actual image file in
public/image/. This seems complicated with file_field. Any pointers or
links with explainations?

Thanks,
Peter
82476266af9d460415d8f1fc16bb54ed?d=identicon&s=25 Jarkko Laine (jarkko)
On 9.1.2006, at 1.11, Peter Michaux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to upload a product image to my rails app. I only want to store
> the file name in the database and the actual image file in
> public/image/. This seems complicated with file_field. Any pointers or
> links with explainations?

Have you seen FileColumn [1]?

//jarkko

[1] http://www.kanthak.net/opensource/file_column/