Forum: Radiant CMS default content of body and page parts tabs

88af9e587b68f7f33229c025b058e075?d=identicon&s=25 Hadi S. (Guest)

i am new to Radiant and trying to find out how to set the default
content for the body and page parts tabs. Is there a way or any
extensions available to do that in Radiant?
On the admin backend under Settings/Application there is the
possibility to set the deafult page parts. But i can't see any way of
setting the default content of this parts.
004e5bd08970da99837ad1570f008e76?d=identicon&s=25 Anton J Aylward (Guest)
Hadi S. said the following on 11/23/2010 05:53 AM:
> Hi,
>
> i am new to Radiant and trying to find out how to set the default
> content for the body and page parts tabs. Is there a way or any
> extensions available to do that in Radiant?
> On the admin backend under Settings/Application there is the
> possibility to set the deafult page parts. But i can't see any way of
> setting the default content of this parts.

I can't see why you would want to do that in each page when you can do
that in the layout.
88af9e587b68f7f33229c025b058e075?d=identicon&s=25 Hadi S. (Guest)
You are absolutely right. Using layouts/snippets for this is a much
simpler solution.
Thanks.
70a9fc0b4226784056eb64257cd4a889?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Danger French (Guest)
You can use the PageFactory extension to do that:
http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/221-page-factory

This will let you specify both the default set of parts for specific
types of pages (Body, Extended, Sidebar, &c) as well as the default
content for each of those.

There's a walkthrough in the git repo
(https://github.com/joshfrench/radiant-page_factory...)
and a screencast
(http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2010/05/03/rad...)
to get you started.

I'm also close to releasing version 2.0, which gets rid of the
PageFactory::Base class and lets you work directly with Page subclasses.
But it doesn't add any new features so there's no reason not to use the
existing release.

Let me know if you have any questions.
88af9e587b68f7f33229c025b058e075?d=identicon&s=25 Hadi S. (Guest)
Thanks a lot, that could be very useful for me in the near future,
good to know about the extension. Will have a look at it.