Forum: Ruby on Rails Before filter...

6dab365a82517fb694650a57ee88e4a4?d=identicon&s=25 joey__ (Guest)
on 2006-01-08 00:16
I have a before filter in my application.rb, for every action and
controller it gets run, except for one action. How can I see whats going
on? And why it doesnt get run?

Thanks
joey__
6dab365a82517fb694650a57ee88e4a4?d=identicon&s=25 joey__ (Guest)
on 2006-01-08 00:36
joey__ wrote:
> I have a before filter in my application.rb, for every action and
> controller it gets run, except for one action. How can I see whats going
> on? And why it doesnt get run?
>
> Thanks
> joey__

Sorry, it was a name clash with methods.
Cee0292fffa691f1fb320d5400200e99?d=identicon&s=25 Marcel Molina Jr. (Guest)
On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 12:16:19AM +0100, joey__ wrote:
> I have a before filter in my application.rb, for every action and
> controller it gets run, except for one action. How can I see whats going
> on? And why it doesnt get run?

If you have not made that given filter conditional, by adding :only or
:except options and you are not using the skip_before_filter method
anywhere,
then likely the case is that some other before filter that is run before
that
before filter is returning false and thus stopping the execution of the
request before that specific before filter is run. You can confirm this
by
looking at your development log as you make the request. Filters
stopping the
request chain are logged. It will say something like "Request chain
halted by
foo filter" or something like that. Short of that drop down into the
breakpointer to confirm that it isn't being run.

marcel