Forum: Ruby on Rails Migrations and doubles?

2d29e2e4020ccfe394878c314592ac7a?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Van Fleet (Guest)
on 2006-01-07 18:06
I'm trying to start using migrations (I <3 migrations!) on a project
that stores geocode data in the database.  This is a pretty major
problem because float is not precise enough to store this information.

Are there plans to support double?  What are my options here?

Cheers,

Jim
On 1/7/06, Jim Van Fleet <jim@jimvanfleet.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to start using migrations (I <3 migrations!) on a project
> that stores geocode data in the database.  This is a pretty major
> problem because float is not precise enough to store this information.
>
> Are there plans to support double?  What are my options here?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jim

Which database are you using?
If you look for the "def native_database_types" line in the relevant
connection adapter, you can add new datatypes, and use them in your
migrations.