Forum: Ruby PDF Library - Reading the PDF Document

4b6af5d0df83ff1c3e02cad3f3f9638d?d=identicon&s=25 Chintakrindi Meghanath (Guest)
Hi

Thanks for everyone.
I downloaded the PDF library and going through the documentation.
Most of the documentation mentioned , how to create the documents.
Can anyone tell me the which method to use to read the PDF and its
contents.

Thanks

Meghanath
On 06/01/06, Chintakrindi Meghanath
<ChintakrindiMeghana@managementdynamics.com> wrote:
> Thanks for everyone.
> I downloaded the PDF library and going through the documentation.
> Most of the documentation mentioned , how to create the documents.
> Can anyone tell me the which method to use to read the PDF and its contents.

I answered that already.

*All* of the documentation for PDF::Writer is about writing.

PDF::Writer does not and will not support reading. There is going to
be a secondary package released sometime later this year (there is a
high probability of fall '06) that will support reading. The
combination of reading and writing will thus support modification.

If you want reading now, you need to use something that isn't written in
Ruby.

-austin
94a54a84c17011ceb80a00119717bf6b?d=identicon&s=25 Hannes Wyss (Guest)
As a matter of fact there is a pure-ruby PDF-reading library.
Unfortunately I have not had the time to document it properly, but here
it is anyway:

http://download.ywesee.com/rpdf2txt/rpdf2txt-1.0.tar.bz2
http://scm.ywesee.com/?p=rpdf2txt

glad to answer any questions you might have, eager to get your Feedback.

cheers
Hannes

--
Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen / best regards

Hannes Wyss
Konzeption & Entwicklung

pub  1024D/60312B5F 2003-10-09 Hannes Wyss <hwyss@ywesee.com>
     Key fingerprint = 82D1 90C7 3F3D 93DC F715  4F8B 987A 628E 6031
2B5F

+41 43 540 05 49

www.ywesee.com > intellectual capital connected > www.oddb.org