Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Help with TextSearch :all and MySQL

D105b980e30e1b77fc761b1cd1b2de32?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Duane Johnson wrote:
>> When I specify the fields for searches_on, the query log shows the
>> additional query:
>>
>>  SELECT * FROM foobar WHERE ((UCASE(title) LIKE '%SEARCHSTRING%' OR
>> UCASE(name) LIKE '%SEARCHSTRING%' OR UCASE(blah) LIKE
>> '%SEARCHSTRING%'
>
> Is it causing an error because of the lack of closing parens?

Sorry, the lack of closing parens in the above query was my fault from
when I was trying to sanitize the query before posting to the public.

When the error occurs, MySQL does not even see the above search query.
It only receives the SHOW FIELDS query. The above query is received when
I specify the columns for searches_on (eg. 'searches_on :title :name
:blah' vs. 'searches_on :all')

> Just to make sure we're on the same page, I've attached the latest
> search.rb file that I have.  I think it's slightly different from the
> one you're using, because the error wasn't on the same line.  Could
> you check this one?

OK. I'm using this new 'search.rb', but still get an error.

My model has:

----------------------
require_dependency "search"

class Foobar < ActiveRecord::Base
end
----------------------

Here is the error:

----------------------
 NoMethodError in Foobar#search

 undefined method `validate_options' for Foobar:Class

 RAILS_ROOT: ./script/../config/..

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/bas
e.rb:991:in `method_missing'
 #{RAILS_ROOT}/lib/search.rb:50:in `search'
 #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/foobar_controller.rb:58:in `search'
----------------------

The error is the same with or without 'searches_on :all' in the model
file.

Where do you have 'validate_options' defined?

Thanks Duane.

   Matt

--
Matt C. Wagner