Forum: Ruby Another milestone for Ruby!

7fd7ef91196768cae4e7ca215c8a0a8f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy Henty (Guest)
From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:

    Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
    feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.

You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
it to you!

Cheers,

Jeremy Henty
Fd22ee3cfc7dac283ce8e451af324f7d?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Perrin (Guest)
On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 03:42:59AM +0900, Jeremy Henty wrote:
> >From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
>
>     Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
>     feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
>
> You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
> it to you!

Holy crap.  No kidding.

That's a surprisingly appropriate random signature block I've got this
time, too.

7264fb16beeea92b89bb42023738259d?d=identicon&s=25 Christian Neukirchen (Guest)

> From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
>
>     Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
>     feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
>
> You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
> it to you!

Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

05jan2006 #perl6
15:05 <obra> My plan worked perfectly. the perl as ruby's quirky brother
comment was intended to get ruby people to laugh
15:05 <audreyt> #
http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/hehMmmnnPerlPeople.html
15:05 <audreyt> obra++ # evil genius
3cb4fdcf13aad6a7dcae83876b0e784e?d=identicon&s=25 Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT (Guest)
Hi!

At Sat, 7 Jan 2006 04:33:42 +0900, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

This corresponds to "Do not trust Perl mongers - even if they say your
programming language is superior to Perl." while the right description
were "Do not trust Perl mongers - ESPECIALLY if they say your
programming language is superior to Perl."

Besides that: We have enough holy wars these days. Christians/Muslims,
Jews/Muslims, Debian/<insert commercial distribution here>,
Sustainable Development/Maximization of Profit, Freedom/Security, ...

Where my concept of "holy war" is that all sides involved think they
have the one and only answer to a question.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
9377764fa3b08a1c7bf702d373ee653a?d=identicon&s=25 Karl von Laudermann (Guest)
Jeremy Henty wrote:
> From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
>
>     Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
>     feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
>
> You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
> it to you!

<Yakov>
In Soviet Russia, Perl is compared to you!
</Yakov>