Forum: Rails Engines development Rails fails to start when engine CSS/JS files are -w

Efe398b3b5436b0a8d4430090e8f86ea?d=identicon&s=25 Seth (Guest)
on 2006-01-06 02:53
I use perforce for my source control system. It has the notion of
checking in / out files. To accomplish this, it sets files -w/+w if it's
checked in or not.

Rails chokes starting up when attempting to copy stuff in the public
engine folder into the engine_files folder.

If I chmod +w the files, or rm them before starting rails everything is
cool. This should probably be fixed in the engine plugin itself...

I have a rake task right now that does it for me, but what do you think
of modifying the core?

Thanks.
This definitely sounds like something that the Engines plugin should
fail gracefully at, but I'm not quite sure about having it directly
affecting permissions. Regardless - submit this as a bug on the Trac
site.

Cheers

- james
Efe398b3b5436b0a8d4430090e8f86ea?d=identicon&s=25 Seth (Guest)
on 2006-01-06 12:18
James Adam wrote:
> This definitely sounds like something that the Engines plugin should
> fail gracefully at, but I'm not quite sure about having it directly
> affecting permissions. Regardless - submit this as a bug on the Trac
> site.
>
> Cheers
>
> - james

It's in there... :) Thanks for the look on that & the other bug as well.