Forum: Ruby Pure Ruby/Proxy Oracle Driver?

1067916bdca9347542c035fdb7430083?d=identicon&s=25 paul.dlug@gmail.com (Guest)
Is there an an equivalent of perl's DBD::Proxy for ruby? I'm working
with a rails app that speaks to an oracle database but I'd like to
deploy on FreeBSD (where there are no native oracle libraries
available). A pure ruby oracle driver would probably also be a good
solution. I have been unable to find one though.

--Paul
10d4acbfdaccb4eee687a428ca00a5d8?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Weirich (weirich)
on 2006-01-05 01:01
paul.dlug@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there an an equivalent of perl's DBD::Proxy for ruby? I'm working
> with a rails app that speaks to an oracle database but I'd like to
> deploy on FreeBSD (where there are no native oracle libraries
> available). A pure ruby oracle driver would probably also be a good
> solution. I have been unable to find one though.

There is a proxy DBD driver included with the DBI stuff.

--
-- Jim Weirich