Forum: Ruby on Rails Are cache sweepers used?

7a28bf7b0932a9486c21f1a33eb431ba?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Lieber (Guest)
After drawing many virtual blank stares in the IRC channel and finding
zero results on the wiki for 'sweeper' I'm left to wonder whether
these are actually officially supported, or are on their way toward
being deprecated. Is there a better way of expiring caches on model
saves and deletions?

Sincerely,

Tom Lieber
tom@alltom.com
http://AllTom.com/
24499e811f19343c7dc406104e9b5785?d=identicon&s=25 Belorion (Guest)
Hi Tom.

On 1/3/06, Tom Lieber <alltom@gmail.com> wrote:

> After drawing many virtual blank stares in the IRC channel and finding
> zero results on the wiki for 'sweeper' I'm left to wonder whether
> these are actually officially supported, or are on their way toward
> being deprecated. Is there a better way of expiring caches on model
> saves and deletions?

I use several Sweepers in my Rails app with great success.  I can't
vouch
for whether they are "officially" supported (or deprecated), but they
are
working for me right now under Rails 1.0.  If you can perhaps give more
specifics as to what information you are looking for regarding Sweeping
might be able to help you out.

-Matt
On 1/3/06, Belorion <belorion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom.
>
> On 1/3/06, Tom Lieber <alltom@gmail.com> wrote:
> > After drawing many virtual blank stares in the IRC channel and finding
> > zero results on the wiki for 'sweeper' I'm left to wonder whether
> > these are actually officially supported, or are on their way toward
> > being deprecated. Is there a better way of expiring caches on model
> > saves and deletions?

Rails Weenie puts them to great use:

http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net
7a28bf7b0932a9486c21f1a33eb431ba?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Lieber (Guest)
> Rails Weenie puts them to great use:
>
> http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/rails_help/a...

Hah, an excellent example. Thank you!

> rick
> http://techno-weenie.net

Sincerely,

Tom Lieber
tom@alltom.com
http://AllTom.com/
81194a50c0f9bd95d7832a77fdf371bd?d=identicon&s=25 csn (Guest)
on 2006-01-15 21:30
Quick question - in what directory/ies should sweeper files be saved?

csn
On 1/15/06, csn <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Quick question - in what directory/ies should sweeper files be saved?
>
> csn

I do beleive app/models is the standard location.

-Matt