Forum: Ruby on Rails Pdf::Writer ; page numbering, and table wrapping

B09a3f6cdc4797532647d2d264b5df49?d=identicon&s=25 Jodi Showers (jshow)
on 2006-01-03 21:18
Hey there,

I know this isn't a pdf::writer list - If there's a more appropriate
place for me to ask these questions I'd appreciate being set straight.

I'm having a couple of misunderstandings/isssues first with page numbers
and secondly with auto-wrapping of simple_table.

First

pdf.start_page_numbering(pdf.margin_x_middle,
pdf.absolute_bottom_margin, 9, :center, nil, nil)

Using the default 'pattern', is rendering 'x of N+1' - or specifically
it always thinks that <TOTALPAGENUM> is 1 greater than the number of
pages in the document. I've rendered 1, 2 and 3 page documents, and it
responds with "1 of 2", "1 of 3", "1 of 4", etc. Using the pattern
string ('<PAGENUM> of <TOTALPAGENUM>' results in the same output.

Secondly,

the auto-wrapping of tables, runs directly into both the before
mentioned page numbers, and into a header added via add_object(..,
:all_pages).

Is there a way to configure the auto-wrapping of tables to skip a Y? I'm
configuring the other paths, so I do know in advance where wrapping
should start, and begin.

Thanx for any thoughts.

cheers,
Jodi

The page numbering issue is a known bug that I will be fixing. I am
not sure what you're asking on the second item.

-austin

On 03/01/06, Jodi Showers <jodi@nnovation.ca> wrote:
> pdf.start_page_numbering(pdf.margin_x_middle,
> the auto-wrapping of tables, runs directly into both the before
> Jodi
>
> --

Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca
0de83fd56f1af530034ba8efa5490b1b?d=identicon&s=25 John Butler (johnnybutler7)
on 2007-09-14 10:05
Austin Ziegler wrote:

> The page numbering issue is a known bug that I will be fixing. I am
> not sure what you're asking on the second item.
>
> -austin
>
> On 03/01/06, Jodi Showers <jodi@nnovation.ca> wrote:
>> pdf.start_page_numbering(pdf.margin_x_middle,
>> the auto-wrapping of tables, runs directly into both the before
>> Jodi
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
>                * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

To fix the page numbering issue add the following before your program
exits

pdf.stop_page_numbering(true)

JB