Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Changing tables within rails app

D105b980e30e1b77fc761b1cd1b2de32?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Steven Ross wrote:
> Why not just make "wired" and "wireless" widgets properties of the
> widget if they contain the same info?

They don't contain all the same info. It's similar info, but will
require different and or additional field names and such.

For instance, the wireless_widget table might contain an SSID field,
whereas the wired_widget table does not. This kind of difference doesn't
matter to the reflective new/edit/list views.

I just discovered that changing the table with 'set_table_name' works
how I want. Is this the best way to do it?

  Matt

--
Matt C. Wagner
Information Security Analyst