Forum: Ruby on Rails best way to detect drop down changes

1ed4bbef573bfc014d32356d53103ca2?d=identicon&s=25 phil swenson (Guest)
on 2006-01-02 20:13
So I want to have a form with a drop down that lists all our customers.
And when a user selects a customer, I want it to automatically list the
customer names emails below the drop down.

Anyone have any thoughts as the best approach to do this?  I could just
write javascript, but it seems like there would be a rails tag for this.

thanks,
phil
25bbc96d9c53647354cb724e744b2222?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Freemyer (Guest)
On 1/2/06, phil swenson <phil.swenson@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I want to have a form with a drop down that lists all our customers.
> And when a user selects a customer, I want it to automatically list the
> customer names emails below the drop down.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts as the best approach to do this?  I could just
> write javascript, but it seems like there would be a rails tag for this.

You need to use AJAX.

You might find this useful.

http://www.roryhansen.ca/?p=9

Greg