Forum: Ruby on Rails ANN: new rails site/RoR praise

71c85a662af0764df3a77cc00db166c9?d=identicon&s=25 Raphael Bauduin (Guest)

>From idea to launch in less than 48 hours (those 48 hours including
the new year party ;) , rails once again showed its effectiveness.

Last friday I read the news about a guy who sold a million pixels for
1$ each on his homepage. After slamming my head during half an hour
for not having thought of it [1], I thought I'd better spend some time
on a rails project, and more as a therapy than in the hope to become a
millionair, I put http://milliondollarweek.com in place.

It was a real pleasure to see the implementation progress that fast:
design the database schema, generate scaffold, adapt the scaffold, add
an engine for authentication. In less than 24 hours the infrastructure
was in place and I spent as much time on content and simple CSS as on
development.

So thanks rails for saving  my sanity (though some doubt I ever had it
at all) and giving me fun.

Raph

[1] my consolation being that even if I had thought of it I surely
wouldn't have done it :-)
8e44c65ac5b896da534ef2440121c953?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
On Jan 2, 2006, at 9:38 AM, Raphael Bauduin wrote:

> [1] my consolation being that even if I had thought of it I surely
> wouldn't have done it :-)

Am I supposed to see a trucksharing.com site in french? What does
that have to do with milliondollarweek? I'm, confused.

Thanks
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
ezra@yakima-herald.com
509-577-7732
3f900b38ec3b2c45427c354722fa4ce3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Fakes (tomfakes)
Seems to need the www to avoid French trucking
Fac632373c881872ecf26d13aadedf7f?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Bates (Guest)
He's selling redirects in one minute increments, so thats who's got it
now.
I'm not sure how he's supposed to advertise the service though, if you
just
get
redirected when you try to visit the site.