Forum: Ruby-Forum.com New forum search powered by Ferret

3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2006-01-02 17:26
Ferret is now used as search engine. You can enter queries like:
+ferret +index -mysql
D52fec35159aba626f921290a991c840?d=identicon&s=25 William Jo (williej)
on 2006-06-17 21:44
Andreas S. wrote:
> Ferret is now used as search engine. You can enter queries like:
> +ferret +index -mysql

Wonderful.

It would be cool if you would add a line or two about that on the form
that comes up when you click the search button, so people see what
syntax to use. I tried without success multiple things commonly used on
other boards, but not the + and - that you are using.
D52fec35159aba626f921290a991c840?d=identicon&s=25 William Jo (williej)
on 2006-06-17 21:49
Andreas S. wrote:
> Ferret is now used as search engine. You can enter queries like:
> +ferret +index -mysql

Except, it doesn't work. I clicked search, specified the Ruby on Rails
forum, and entered into the search box
   +destroy +method
and it came up with nothing. I'm pretty sure that's not right.

I also tried
    +parent +child
which I know is in there because I created a post with that text a day
or two ago.

(I also tried with +ferret at te beginning just in case that was
required, also came up with nothing.)
3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2006-08-05 20:49
William Jo wrote:
> Andreas S. wrote:
>> Ferret is now used as search engine. You can enter queries like:
>> +ferret +index -mysql
>
> Except, it doesn't work. I clicked search, specified the Ruby on Rails
> forum, and entered into the search box
>    +destroy +method
> and it came up with nothing. I'm pretty sure that's not right.

The Ferret search engine is disabled at the moment, I'm still waiting
for a new, more stable Ferret version. What you have been using was a
simple SQL LIKE search that could only search for an exact phrase. I
have added a Google search form today, it's much better.
Existing account

No account? Register here.