Forum: Ruby on Rails Best scalable database

D6306febac6295f8382aa1c63ba1508b?d=identicon&s=25 Tudor Cojocaru (tudor)
on 2014-06-29 12:42
I was wondering which is the best database in terms of scalability and
also which core nosql system is the best (Document Store - Graph
Database)
Tudor Cojocaru wrote in post #1151044:
> I was wondering which is the best database in terms of scalability and
> also which core nosql system is the best (Document Store - Graph
> Database)

This is like asking which car is the best. You ask 5 people and you'll
get a least 4 different answers along with a laundry list of conditions,
scenarios and it depends.

For all intents and purposes this is an unanswerable question.
15eb13d662803f57bc4aea59704988b4?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Ribe (Guest)
On Jul 1, 2014, at 9:42 PM, Robert Walker <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> This is like asking which car is the best. You ask 5 people and you'll
> get a least 4 different answers along with a laundry list of conditions,
> scenarios and it depends.

Well, I don't know. I think it's widely accepted that the best db in
terms of scalability is Oracle. Now, scalability/$ is not so much in
Oracle's favor. And whether or not one actually needs Oracle's
scalability is a whole other question. (To which the answer is 99.9%
likely to be "no".)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com