Forum: Ruby on Rails [ ANN ] Hieraki2

03bd29926b8a83fc6d1b69abafd51d49?d=identicon&s=25 Alexander Horn (Guest)
on 2006-01-01 08:08
Happy new year! Hieraki 2.0.0 is released.

You can download Hieraki2 from rubyforge.org as tgz or zip
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/hieraki).

Hieraki2 has a new wiki engine that ships with more than a dozen new
features:

    * everything-is-a-wiki-page (TM)
    * all pages are under version control
    * access control list
    * stay in full control of the tree structure by cut and pasting
pages
    * extend existing or build new page types easily
    * RSS2 Feeds
    * internal links that allow you to "duplicate" pages without having
to deal with multiple copies of the same original text

Hieraki is open source software released under the MIT-Licence. Thanks
to the folks who make it possible. Please help make this software better
with your contributions!

Enjoy,
Alexander Horn.
E48d29dc8fedb2878fa518d41cc63d88?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Prill (Guest)
Hi, Alex,

great news. I just gave it a first shot and want to take the opportunity
to report a problem that I'm having with the b_prime_tree. I'm creating
testfolders and documents from within root and happen to get something
like:

mysql> use hieraki2;
Database changed
mysql> select * from nodes;
+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----+-----+
| name        | parent_name | page_id | position | lft | rgt |
+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----+-----+
| ROOT        | 0           |       1 |        1 |   1 |   4 |
| JanPrill    |             |       2 |        1 |   0 |   0 |
| Root.child1 |             |       3 |        2 |   0 |   0 |
| Asdf        |             |       4 |        3 |   0 |   0 |
| MalSchauen  |             |       5 |        4 |   0 |   0 |
+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----+-----+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Neither parent_name nore the lft and rgts of the tree get adjusted. Do
you have anything like this experienenced or got any idea why this is
happening?

Regards
Jan
03bd29926b8a83fc6d1b69abafd51d49?d=identicon&s=25 Alexander Horn (Guest)
on 2006-01-01 21:12
> Neither parent_name nore the lft and rgts of the tree get adjusted. Do
> you have anything like this experienenced or got any idea why this is
> happening?

No I have not. I am wondering what's wrong. Are you sure you have all
the dependencies?
03bd29926b8a83fc6d1b69abafd51d49?d=identicon&s=25 Alexander Horn (Guest)
on 2006-01-01 22:22
Alexander Horn wrote:
>> Neither parent_name nore the lft and rgts of the tree get adjusted. Do
>> you have anything like this experienenced or got any idea why this is
>> happening?
>
> No I have not. I am wondering what's wrong. Are you sure you have all
> the dependencies?

Tobi Lütke contacted me and suggested I should pull in the rails
patches. So there is now a 2.0.1 release that is much easier to install.
E48d29dc8fedb2878fa518d41cc63d88?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Prill (Guest)
Hi Jan,

install Hieraki version 2.0.1 and the problem should be solved.

It contains a workaround for the bug in rails.

regards,
Helmut

Am 01.01.2006 um 22:47 schrieb Jan Prill:
>  I think so. I've installed syntax and redcloth, but there seems to be
> a problem with the primary key field 'name' (see below)

E48d29dc8fedb2878fa518d41cc63d88?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Prill (Guest)
Thanks. And sorry that it was a RTFM-Matter - I must admit that I've not
read the readme properly...

Regards
Jan
03bd29926b8a83fc6d1b69abafd51d49?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-01-02 20:13
Jan Prill wrote:
> Thanks. And sorry that it was a RTFM-Matter - I must admit that I've not
> read the readme properly...
>
> Regards
> Jan

No problem at all. After thinking about it a little bit longer I
realized that many people would miss the README anyway. So shipping
Hieraki 2.0.1 with the rails_patches included makes most sense. Thanks
for the feedback!

-- www.hieraki.org