Forum: Ruby on Rails checkbook application

26ca684555abbdb44f01bd1e165e649b?d=identicon&s=25 Vince W. (vince)
on 2005-12-31 22:47
By any chance are there any free checkbook apps that have been written
for Ruby?  Looking to free myself from Gnucash/Grisbi/Quicken but don't
quite have the skills/time to make my own app.  Has anyone done this and
want to share?
D8cb8c8cd40ddf0cd05241443a591868?d=identicon&s=25 Duane Johnson (Guest)
On Dec 31, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Vince W. wrote:

> By any chance are there any free checkbook apps that have been written
> for Ruby?  Looking to free myself from Gnucash/Grisbi/Quicken but
> don't
> quite have the skills/time to make my own app.  Has anyone done
> this and
> want to share?

In case Jamis Buck is away from the computer today, I'll speak up in
his behalf.  He's led our rb group here in making a fantastic
ajaxified rails application called BudgetWise.  If anyone is
interested in developing, you can hop on the mailing list at http://
lists.urug.org/mailman/listinfo/budgetwise.

The application is open source, and very nearly complete.  I'm sure
it will be announced soon.

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
On 12/31/05, Duane Johnson <duane.johnson@gmail.com> wrote:
> can hop on the mailing list at
> http://lists.urug.org/mailman/listinfo/budgetwise.
>
> The application is open source, and very nearly complete.  I'm sure it will
> be announced soon.

Ooh, nice!  Look forward to seeing it (and reading the source).
895a112c66d93cefcd06d2cf371219e6?d=identicon&s=25 Hasan Diwan (Guest)
Vince:
On Dec 31, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Vince W. wrote:

> By any chance are there any free checkbook apps that have been written
> for Ruby?  Looking to free myself from Gnucash/Grisbi/Quicken but
> don't
> quite have the skills/time to make my own app.  Has anyone done
> this and
> want to share?

http://hasan.willigent.net/~hdiwan/blog/archives/c...
If you're not interested in the development blog, I'm using an RSS
2.0 feed for distribution at http://hasan.willigent.net/~hdiwan/
finance.xml -- enjoy!
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan@gmail.com>