Forum: Ruby on Rails Custom Classes?

F28f75d17a0c236e079c6ebbb8fff2b9?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Haliday (markh)
on 2005-12-31 02:51
Ok, a bit of a possibly dumb question here.

When working on Rails apps and I want to add a few custom class rb files
to the project, where exactly should I put them?  What folder is the
best to place them in that things in the model and controller folder can
see and use them?

Thanks,

- Mark
10d9ed7ab11115b081bb36f56a7a13bc?d=identicon&s=25 John Wilger (Guest)
On 12/30/05, Mark Haliday <markhaliday@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When working on Rails apps and I want to add a few custom class rb files
> to the project, where exactly should I put them?  What folder is the
> best to place them in that things in the model and controller folder can
> see and use them?

The 'lib' directory would be the conventional place for this kind of
thing.

--
Regards,
John Wilger

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland