Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Rails using DB2

C98188eca9f0abb401534ac8397a6e5b?d=identicon&s=25 David Bonnecaze (Guest)
That was the first page I went to.  Will go back and give it another
try.  I guess we need to compile the C the adapter our selves.

Thanks for responding.
C28e529b212c5d92e0bb48706e810224?d=identicon&s=25 John Gibbons (Guest)
David Bonnecaze <DavidB@...> writes:

> On 12/30/05, David Bonnecaze <DavidB@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been trying to connect a Rails application to DB2 database.
> Based on
> > information found on the web it doesn't seem to be possible.  Can some
> > confirm the state of DB2 support with Rails?

Hi David,

 As of right now DB2 doesn't work. Or at least doesn't work without some
hacking and compromises.
 The good news is it's being worked on and great progress has been made.
There are a few people who
 have run into these problems with DB2 but no one ever communicated that
information to the Rails
 guys, or Maik Schmidt (the DB2 Adapter author) until I started whining
about it! :-)

Cheers,
John
29b15f133c26b6dac0e4954d61733db9?d=identicon&s=25 Larry Kelly (Guest)
Is there an update to the DB2 support options?  There's a DB2 database
that
I'd like to talk to.

-Larry

On 1/1/06, John Gibbons <john-rails@dashing.com> wrote:
> > Based on
> information to the Rails

Best Regards,
-Larry
"Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
            --- E.Taft Benson
2c51fec8183a5d21c4e11b430beabb47?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Hurley (Guest)
> Is there an update to the DB2 support options?

DB2 has worked for me. There are some issues building under Win32 and
regardless you need to have installed db2cli interface (see the dbi
project on rubyforge). I also had issues until I switched to edge
rails.

The last remaining issue is the current adapter (as of a week or two
ago), was a little crude in handling different types so it is
important to do:

row = Table.find 1

and not

row = Table.find '1'

Good luck
pth

p.s. check my blog for some information concerning building db2cli
under win32 -- http://blog.hurleyhome.com/