Forum: NGINX number of requests in nginx queue

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 ashishadhav (Guest)
I want to find out how many requests are queued ,that is are yet to be
processed ,in nginx at any given moment.
From this i wish to calculate if my server is overloaded with requests.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
4bf3cafcfef5741102f1c1764716b87a?d=identicon&s=25 kirpit (Guest)
You should never let the users get into queue anyway, it is for
unexpected
peaks.

# Total amount of users you can serve = worker_processes *
worker_connections

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7325211/tuning-...
2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 ashishadhav (Guest)
Hi ,
thanks for quick reply.
Actually Im running a web app under nginx which has max limit of  1000
requests / sec .
So understanding queued requests number is important for me.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Hello!

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 03:24:26AM -0400, ashishadhav wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to find out how many requests are queued ,that is are yet to be
> processed ,in nginx at any given moment.
> From this i wish to calculate if my server is overloaded with requests.

There is no queues in nginx itself.  All requests nginx knows
about are being processed, and various numbers can be seen in
stub_status.

Note well that it's usually important to look at nginx and your
backends listen socket queues.  To find out listen socket queues,
consider your OS docs.  E.g., under FreeBSD "netstat -Lan" shows
various listen queues.  On recent enough versions of Linux, listen
queues can be seen with "netstat -nlt" or "ss -nlt".

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/

No account? Register here.