Forum: Ruby on Rails Login plugin

E694f7385e797af01c1b67366d5843a0?d=identicon&s=25 Thila Thila (thila)
on 2005-12-29 03:50
All-
I am new to Ruby; following are my two questions:

1. Which is the best login plugin? I keep hearing about SALT and
loginengine.

2. For installing loginengine; I see the two following steps - Both
these does not work for me. :

    $ script/plugin install login_engine
       ==I am getting "script/plugin is not a internal or external
command, operable program or batch file"

    % svn co https://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/login_engine
<MY_RAILS_APP>/vendor/plugins/login_engine
    ==== I am using Windows, how can I get the svn stuff?

Any help will be appreciated. I am on Windows XP with Ruby and Rails
succssfully installed.

Thanks
C8a634a01a2c4508360874bff7fb1a7f?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Olbrich (Guest)
on 2005-12-29 07:42
thila thila wrote:

>     $ script/plugin install login_engine
>        ==I am getting "script/plugin is not a internal or external
> command, operable program or batch file"

on a windows machine you need to enter the command as:

"ruby script/plugin install login_engine"

Although I think you need to install the 'engines' plugin first.

You can also do something like

"ruby script/plugin install
https://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/log...

If the plugin installer fails to locate the plugin.
Ab5bd1abf62d189441269460192c4003?d=identicon&s=25 Maxim Kulkin (Guest)
thila thila wrote:

>       ==I am getting "script/plugin is not a internal or external

Salted Login Generator and Login_Engine are the same. Login_Engine is
Salted Login Generator converted to engine.

to use various script/* commands you must prefix them with "ruby", e.g.

ruby script\plugin install
https://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/login_engine

Hope that helps.