Forum: Ruby on Rails Subversion graphical client?

5cfee78a1a13c627919dc36b00d717a2?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Dea-Mattson (Guest)
on 2005-12-29 02:30
Hi All -

I notice that most of the Rails team are using Mac OS X and TextMate for
Ruby development. I too am working on Mac OS X and trying TextMate and
(shudder?) EMacs.

I was wondering about version control. Are folks using Subversion? If
so, are they using a graphical client? Which one do they recommend?

Yours,

Jordan
5cfd7e9223637ea26c81c2cc3e43799e?d=identicon&s=25 Craig Webster (Guest)
On 29 Dec 2005, at 01:30, Jordan Dea-Mattson wrote:
> I notice that most of the Rails team are using Mac OS X and
> TextMate for
> Ruby development. I too am working on Mac OS X and trying TextMate and
> (shudder?) EMacs.
>
> I was wondering about version control. Are folks using Subversion? If
> so, are they using a graphical client? Which one do they recommend?

TextMate has built-in Subversion support.
http://www.macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles....

Yours,
Craig
--
Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig@xeriom.net
Xeriom.NET    | f: +44 (0)709 287 1902 | w: http://xeriom.net

http://www.lachoseinteractive.net/en/community/sub...

The TextMate bundle stuff doesn't work for my style... maybe it'll
grow on me?

Chris Nolan.ca
http://kekova.ca/
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
On Dec 28, 2005, at 5:30 PM, Jordan Dea-Mattson wrote:

> Yours,
>
> Jordan

Jordan-

	Textmate has great subversion integration. If your project is
already under svn then just press ctrl-shift-a  to get the subversion
menu.

Cheers-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
ezra@yakima-herald.com
509-577-7732
Cb610750ee94ca103aef4b2dc7b1b768?d=identicon&s=25 Nick Stuart (Guest)
Learn something new every day. Have been using TextMate for a while
now, and never knew about that! Thanks!

-Nick

p.s. My normal svn client is svnX as well.
Ab5bd1abf62d189441269460192c4003?d=identicon&s=25 Maxim Kulkin (Guest)
Jordan Dea-Mattson wrote:

>I notice that most of the Rails team are using Mac OS X and TextMate for
>Ruby development. I too am working on Mac OS X and trying TextMate and
>(shudder?) EMacs.
>
>I was wondering about version control. Are folks using Subversion? If
>so, are they using a graphical client? Which one do they recommend?

I'm not from Mac world, but I can suggest two Subversion GUI clients:

RapidSVN (http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/)
eSvn (http://esvn.umputun.com/)

Although I prefer using command line client, eSvn looks good to me.

Hope that helps.