Forum: Ruby Loading shared libraries built by Visual Studio C++ 8

1d8d318b49aebd4265b6da27efe6f8c6?d=identicon&s=25 Glenn M. Lewis (Guest)
Hi!

	I have Ruby 1.8.2 (Windows One-click installer - thanks, Curt!)
and used to use Visual C++ 6.0 for a long time to create shared libs
(using SWIG and extconf.rb) that I could load in with "require"... but
now that I've upgraded to Visual Studio C++ 8.0, I get the following
error after recompiling everything:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly.

	Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?

	Thanks!
-- Glenn Lewis
04a56914cc09f0858d3fca2bf4cbde34?d=identicon&s=25 nobuyoshi nakada (Guest)

At Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:22:55 +0900,
Glenn M. Lewis wrote in [ruby-talk:172904]:
> 	I have Ruby 1.8.2 (Windows One-click installer - thanks, Curt!)
> and used to use Visual C++ 6.0 for a long time to create shared libs
> (using SWIG and extconf.rb) that I could load in with "require"... but
> now that I've upgraded to Visual Studio C++ 8.0, I get the following
> error after recompiling everything:

VC6 and VC8 use the different versions of runtime DLL.  You
can't mix them because of the restriction of Windows DLL
loader mechanism.