Forum: Ruby on Rails Switchtoer and and file://

0ff4b2f49c3df249959a4560c0e16510?d=identicon&s=25 Paul (Guest)
I might be a bit mistaken but if the SVN repo resides on the box which
you are deploying to should you not be able to use file:/// for the
set :respository in your recipe?

Or am I misunderstanding how the checkout occurs on the deployment box?

-Paul
992fe8c19bbbc27f2b562a9f96efc03d?d=identicon&s=25 Jamis Buck (Guest)
On Dec 28, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Paul wrote:

> I might be a bit mistaken but if the SVN repo resides on the box which
> you are deploying to should you not be able to use file:/// for the
> set :respository in your recipe?
>
> Or am I misunderstanding how the checkout occurs on the deployment
> box?

I just remembered--a local svn invocation is used to determine what
the current revision is, so that a commit performed in the middle of
a deployment won't get boxes out of sync. Thus, the repo needs to be
accessible both from the remote host, as well as the host that you
are deploying from.

- Jamis