Forum: Ruby - how to do SQL

Eadd4c6300ed1d1dd853ce946d384e69?d=identicon&s=25 matthias (Guest)
Hello,

Up to now I developed some small basic Rails applications. I've always
started with a DB model and the rails mapping worked as expected.

Now I'm confronted with the situation, that the DB model is already
done,
and I cannot change it. Of course there is no rails naming convention,
So I need to programm the SQL statements.

What is the best way to do it? Where should I place the SQL code (model,
helper, controller?). How can I create a pagination table? How can I
sort the table?

Some working example code (not only snippets) would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Matthias

P.S.: If this is a FAQ, please post the link, I'm googleing for hours...
33ec7e55a251c1be8d6febfd929aebbe?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Kujawa (gregarican)
matthias wrote:

> Up to now I developed some small basic Rails applications. I've always
> started with a DB model and the rails mapping worked as expected.
>

> Now I'm confronted with the situation, that the DB model is already done,
> and I cannot change it. Of course there is no rails naming convention,
> So I need to programm the SQL statements.

You might have better results posting this to the Rails mailing list at