Forum: Ruby on Rails filecolumn to database

C1731e387946d31dffc1da0d3678e59c?d=identicon&s=25 Fab Psycho (Guest)

   I'm using filecolumn to upload a file to mysql blob :
_form.rhtml : file_column_field "entry", "attach"
model (rb file)  : file_column :attach

How can I update controller create function to insert file in database ?
redefine model save function ? Someone has a sample source ?

Regards,
Fabian
4bd34a2216dc8bdbf1f017f64e4d59e8?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Maxwell (Guest)
On 12/27/05, Fab Psycho <psychorosco@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Fabian

file_column is designed to store the file in the filesystem, not in
the database.  What gets stored in the database is the path of the
file.  That said, if you want to store the actual file in the
database, you should look at the RoR wiki for advice, and roll your
own solution.

--
Kyle Maxwell
Chief Technologist