Forum: Ruby on Rails SOAP + HTTP authentication

Drew Butler (Guest)
Hey,

Just had a question. Been pulling out my hair all weekend trying to get
SOAP
to work properly in Rails and even straight on Ruby. I started with
Rails'
AWS and moved to Ruby's internal libraries, after which I tried out
SOAP4R.

Now, my question is, does Rails or even Ruby itself support SOAP client
calls through basic HTTP Authentication? From the research I've done,
this
is an unsupported feature. I am however not willing to give up on this
yet
until I get some input from people who are definitely more experienced
than
myself.

If anyone has done this or knows a good article or tutorial, or even
reference in a manual (so I can RTFM) please let me know. I've got a
client
who is looking to do this I and I need to make for 100% certain that
this is
possible to do, as it is a critical component of the application
interface.

Thanks in advance,

~Drew
Frodo Larik (Guest)
Check the Agile Web Development with rails pdf or book, they have some
examples

On 12/27/05, Drew Butler <nodrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> myself.

Sincerely,