Forum: GNU Radio Difficulty with File Meta Source block

E9685919282bde5e925a361fa621a17d?d=identicon&s=25 dushyant.marathe (Guest)
Hi all,

I want to use "File Meta source" & "File Meta sink" block from Gnu

My flow graph configuration is as follows : signal source (sine wave) ->
throttle -> Meta file sink (Output.out)

Using above configuration I am able to write meta file (Output.out) with
header information.
But I want to see / separate the header information & data from this
(Output.out). I am not able to do so.

To do this, I tried to use "File Meta source" block but I am finding
difficult to understand it.

Please help me out with "File Meta source" block & how to separate the
header & data from meta file ?

My objective is to separate out header and data/samples from .wav file.

Thanks & Regards,

Sent from the GnuRadio mailing list archive at
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM, dushyant.marathe
> wrote:

> (Output.out). I am not able to do so.
> Dushyant

Have you looked at the manual page describing the metadata file

It shows you how to use a tool that comes with GNU Radio that reads the
header information out.