Forum: GNU Radio Problem with firdes segfault

2b9038e060749101e22359defe07c0f7?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Dailey (Guest)
I had gnuradio working on my ubuntu system and was hoping I wouldnt have
clutter with something like this.  I have reinstalled a couple of times
and
am geting this odd error.

when I run my test block I get this:
Executing: "/home/willy/top_block.py"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/willy/top_block.py", line 13, in <module>
    from gnuradio.filter import firdes
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/filter/__init__.py",
line
32, in <module>
    from filter_swig import *
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/filter/filter_swig.py",
line 28, in <module>
    _filter_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/filter/filter_swig.py",
line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_filter_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-filter-3.7.4git.so.0.0.0:
undefined
symbol: volk_malloc

SO I go to a python prompt:

>>> from gnuradio.filter import firdes
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have never see this before.

I had a working install before installing qt5 and qt creator... this
seemed
to have broken something.  I havent gone back and completely undone that
but I will this evening if someone doesnt save me.

Hardware is netsdr but it doesnt look like it gets near the hardware.
--
Doc

Bill Dailey
KXØO

>     from gnuradio.filter import firdes
> line 24, in swig_import_helper
> I have never see this before.
> KXØO

volk_malloc was introduced in 3.7.3 and is now relied upon by many GNU
Radio blocks and functions. What you're seeing here suggests that you
have
multiple versions of GNU Radio installed and are linking against the
wrong
version somewhere. Make sure you only have one version of the library
installed. Probably just clean up any installed libraries, header files,
and Python files and re-install. Using apt-get install gnuradio will get
you a working version.

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.