Forum: Ruby fails to start webrick

842dcda6ae232e52d0a2b35726de9ac1?d=identicon&s=25 voice10@gmail.com (Guest)
hi
I'm trying to setup ruby and rails. I've installed ruby and the rails
but while trying to start the webserver webrick get the following
message:
C:\TestApps\Rails>ruby script/server
ruby: No such file or directory -- script/server (LoadError)

Here some information that may help:
C:\TestApps\Rails>ruby --version
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]

C:\TestApps\Rails>gem list --local

C:\TestApps\Rails>"c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" "c:\ruby\bin\gem" list --local

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (1.1.5)
    Service layer for easy email delivery and testing.

actionpack (1.11.2)
    Web-flow and rendering framework putting the VC in MVC.

actionwebservice (1.0.0)
    Web service support for Action Pack.

activerecord (1.13.2)
    Implements the ActiveRecord pattern for ORM.

activesupport (1.2.5)
    Support and utility classes used by the Rails framework.

fxri (0.3.2)
    Graphical interface to the RI documentation, with search engine.

fxruby (1.2.6)
    FXRuby is the Ruby binding to the FOX GUI toolkit.

rails (1.0.0)
    Web-application framework with template engine, control-flow layer,
    and ORM.

rake (0.6.2)
    Ruby based make-like utility.

sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

webrick-webdav (1.0)
    WebDAV handler for WEBrick, Ruby's HTTP toolkit.

C:\TestApps\Rails>rails specs4
      create
      create  app/controllers
      create  app/helpers
      create  app/models
      create  app/views/layouts
      create  config/environments
      create  components
      create  db
      create  doc
      create  lib
      create  lib/tasks
      create  log
      create  public/images
      create  public/javascripts
      create  public/stylesheets
      create  script/performance
      create  script/process
      create  test/fixtures
      create  test/functional
      create  test/mocks/development
      create  test/mocks/test
      create  test/unit
      create  vendor
      create  vendor/plugins
      create  Rakefile
      create  README
      create  app/controllers/application.rb
      create  app/helpers/application_helper.rb
      create  test/test_helper.rb
      create  config/database.yml
      create  config/routes.rb
      create  public/.htaccess
      create  config/boot.rb
      create  config/environment.rb
      create  config/environments/production.rb
      create  config/environments/development.rb
      create  config/environments/test.rb
      create  script/about
      create  script/breakpointer
      create  script/console
      create  script/destroy
      create  script/generate
      create  script/performance/benchmarker
      create  script/performance/profiler
      create  script/process/reaper
      create  script/process/spawner
      create  script/process/spinner
      create  script/runner
      create  script/server
      create  script/plugin
      create  public/dispatch.rb
      create  public/dispatch.cgi
      create  public/dispatch.fcgi
      create  public/404.html
      create  public/500.html
      create  public/index.html
      create  public/favicon.ico
      create  public/robots.txt
      create  public/images/rails.png
      create  public/javascripts/prototype.js
      create  public/javascripts/effects.js
      create  public/javascripts/dragdrop.js
      create  public/javascripts/controls.js
      create  doc/README_FOR_APP
      create  log/server.log
      create  log/production.log
      create  log/development.log
      create  log/test.log
> C:\TestApps\Rails>ruby script/server
> ruby: No such file or directory -- script/server (LoadError)
>
> C:\TestApps\Rails>rails specs4
>       create  script/server

C:\TestApps\Rails> cd specs4
C:\TestApps\Rails> ruby script/server