Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Ruby on Rails with e-novative WAMP

0e4306297911fa8e554fd816c06506ed?d=identicon&s=25 Christoph Lupprich (Guest)
> I am brand new to Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and I already have e-novatove
> WAMP set up and running perfectly for PHP/MySQL development. Can I set
> this up to use Ruby without messing it up for PHP/MySQL? It took me a
> while to get it working for PHP/MySQL and I don't want to do anything to
> break it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using xampp and had no problems running Rails.
Installing Ruby is quite easy (see the section in the Wiki) and doing
rails with gem is even easier. If you want to use Apache for your
Rails-apps then you have to configure it, but Webrick does the job for
development purposes too.

If you want to be on the save side, backup your http.conf file for
Apache before changing anything on the configuration.

Christoph
9a70b97cbfe7aa495c6f65173c9b69ba?d=identicon&s=25 Mr. T (Guest)
on 2005-12-28 17:45
Christoph Lupprich wrote:
>> I am brand new to Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and I already have e-novatove
>> WAMP set up and running perfectly for PHP/MySQL development. Can I set
>> this up to use Ruby without messing it up for PHP/MySQL? It took me a
>> while to get it working for PHP/MySQL and I don't want to do anything to
>> break it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I'm using xampp and had no problems running Rails.
> Installing Ruby is quite easy (see the section in the Wiki) and doing
> rails with gem is even easier. If you want to use Apache for your
> Rails-apps then you have to configure it, but Webrick does the job for
> development purposes too.
>
> If you want to be on the save side, backup your http.conf file for
> Apache before changing anything on the configuration.
>
> Christoph

I think you need to point your database in confic/database.yml file

to your db path where you install xamp to eg.
/xampplite/mysql/mysql.sock

let me know how it come out..