Forum: GNU Radio Re: Question about gnuradio-companion

5b494ac14b6ea73c79b0b19c76f37dfd?d=identicon&s=25 Andy Walls (Guest)
> >> But with this info, I'm not sure. That's not an error that GNU Radio is
> > gnuradio companion.  But as before if I execute the python script companion
> >
> and that could be annoying. May also be a problem if trying to
> remotely log in and run the app.
> Tom

I just ran into Scott's problem.

The problem is not that gnuradio-companion's popen() of .../
is failing, it's that the popen() of the xterm executable, xterm, is

gnuradio-companion tries to open an xterm when you have a "No GUI" top

$ sudo yum install xterm

solved the problem for me.