Forum: Ruby on Rails linux install of RR

Ad14e8c9d8cce6d87b13f602522790f4?d=identicon&s=25 Barney Toma (Guest)
Hi.  I've installed ruby, gems, rails into a user directory according to
the
installation instructions (for linux).  I haven't setup any path
information
nor setup any symlinks or any compilation options.  When I try rails, I
find
that the system accesses controllers but that the corresponding views
are
not displayed.  I wonder if there is something that I forgot to
configure
that might be causing this.   Sincerely, Barney Toma.
A4b45b0467e28925b5103b50f7d39e5d?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Beattie (Guest)
Hi Barney,

Could you share a little more information about your situation, like
which
Linux distro you're using, how you generated your Rails app, and how
you're
running it?

For example, did you use script/generate or just create the controllers
by
hand, and which server are you using - Apache, Webbrick, lighttp?

cheers

--

Mark Beattie
Easy Schedule Management

I've installed RoR under SuSE Linux. You will need a database. I used
LAMPP (XAMPP) to do my phpMyAdmin. It made things sweet.
209c28edde4277f722f9991d590fe106?d=identicon&s=25 Yan-Fa Li (Guest)
F21c45d81f8691bc69301abfbbdd714e?d=identicon&s=25 Marcelo (Guest)
on 2005-12-26 19:23
What kind of views you generated?  I'm using Rails on Suse 9.3, with
Postgresql, and I had the same problem once.  The in my case was that
the database engine was not running right.. Once I fixed that I could
see the views.

Barney Toma wrote:
> Hi.  I've installed ruby, gems, rails into a user directory according to
> the
> installation instructions (for linux).  I haven't setup any path
> information
> nor setup any symlinks or any compilation options.  When I try rails, I
> find
> that the system accesses controllers but that the corresponding views
> are
> not displayed.  I wonder if there is something that I forgot to
> configure
> that might be causing this.   Sincerely, Barney Toma.
1675f8177d7f18f8bb5f1601f4474e4c?d=identicon&s=25 Barney Toma (Guest)
Please note that the rails literature gets updated frequently.
The documentation and latest source versions often contain fixes to
recent issues.
The issue here was that the documentation suggested using an older
version of ruby.
And it just so happened that the newest stable version of ruby was the
version that was really needed.

Good luck!