Forum: Ruby on Rails App access privileges

4710a8ada2adc162aaee4288d9879d8e?d=identicon&s=25 Gerard (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm about to go wild on my new application under Rails. I've got a
hosting
company and want to build a complete administration app. Are there any
pitfals to avoid, when for instance in the future I want a seperate
account
(or group) for managing contact details etc, and a seperate acount (or
group)
for managing prices. I do not have clear yet what I want seperated (or
hidden) based on accounts in the future. Should I just start and see
where it
leads me (good practice btw), or are there thing to already consider.

Thanx!

Gerard

--
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!
03cb7371db223067d0daab54e1f95cb2?d=identicon&s=25 Abdur-Rahman Advany (Guest)
Gerard,

Well you can't do everything with 'boeren verstand', sometimes you just
need to sit down and write a couple of scenarios you think you will be
facing, what you are really expect in the feature (so not thing that
could you expecting). Its usually a bad way of building software, by
making all kind of options that could be used in the feature or things
that you could need.

Just design the application  based on the present requirements (and try
to be flexible with your database design). And then make the
application. When changes occur (and most of the time the changes you
expect don't occur) just adjust the application. It just depends on your
needs, sometimes you are dealing with companies that have much (money)
to loose if changes can't be done fast or rely on the database by using
it from other applications. But based on what I see you offer on your
website, you should just start making and adjust when things need to be
changed.

Veel s6,

Abdur-Rahman
4710a8ada2adc162aaee4288d9879d8e?d=identicon&s=25 Gerard (Guest)
Abdur,

I must say I totally agree. The scope should be the demands I have now.

Thanx for the push.

Regards,

Gerard.

P.S. I wonder how many people on this list understand the term 'boeren
verstand' .. :-)

On Sunday 25 December 2005 15:48, Abdur-Rahman Advany tried to type
something
like: