Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails + postgresql

E7a61d2d3ea43efaeef1e943dfe96914?d=identicon&s=25 john (Guest)
on 2005-12-25 01:24
Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.
137039860fa6b38713e1349da8a4137d?d=identicon&s=25 Marc Love (Guest)
on 2005-12-25 01:30
john wrote:
> Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
> seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
> an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.

Maybe you should take a look at http://robbyonrails.com/.  He's Rails +
Postgresql evangelist extraordinare.
0d8c23681553579a623e9d0cd22ee5bc?d=identicon&s=25 Tracy Phillips (Guest)
john wrote:
> Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
> seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
> an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.

John,

Make sure you rails application is pointing to the correct database i.e
production or development.

Tracy
E7a61d2d3ea43efaeef1e943dfe96914?d=identicon&s=25 john (Guest)
on 2005-12-25 18:36
Tracy Phillips wrote:
> john wrote:
>> Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
>> seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
>> an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.
>>

> John,
>
> Make sure you rails application is pointing to the correct database i.e
> production or development.
>
> Tracy

thks, a combination of updating gems and adding a new password (I think
this was the real solution) to the db solved the problem - rails is
working fine now with postgresql.