Forum: Ruby on Rails periodic email

32833d3ac17df58279c087afe3f7cf92?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Schwab (mschwab)
How would I code an email that went out every week?  Is there a way
built in to action mailer?  What about a way to have it go at
different times for different subscribers, but once a week for each?

-Mike
Cee0292fffa691f1fb320d5400200e99?d=identicon&s=25 Marcel Molina Jr. (Guest)
On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:32:04PM -0500, Mike Schwab wrote:
> How would I code an email that went out every week?  Is there a way
> built in to action mailer?  What about a way to have it go at
> different times for different subscribers, but once a week for each?

One approach is to write some service that does db lookups and triggers
emails and then go with cron + script/runner.

marcel