Forum: Ruby on Rails FastCGI and large file uploads

0a09dc0edcfeef470920614d1149f6f9?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Phillips (Guest)
I use dreamhost for my hosting provider, and I am working on app where
it requires large files (max 10 MB) to be uploaded to the server.  As
of right now the fastcgi processes are configured with:

FastCgiConfig -autoUpdate -initial-env RAILS_ENV=production \
        -idle-timeout 120 -maxClassProcesses 5 -killInterval 300

My problem is that I try and upload a file via the web that is around
5 MB to the fastcgi process, the webbrowser sits for a few minutes,
then an error message comes back.  Uploading via the webrick server
works fine.  Does anyone know what the problem is?  Is the
idle-timeout set too low?

Regards,
Ryan
953c18019bceaa294ae0429bef6ab388?d=identicon&s=25 Norman Timmler (Guest)
Am Freitag, den 23.12.2005, 11:41 -0800 schrieb Ryan Phillips:
> works fine.  Does anyone know what the problem is?  Is the
> idle-timeout set too low?

Yes, if your application does not send anything to the Client after 120
seconds, the request is stopped. Set -idle-timeout to a higher value
with the problem, that if your application is hanging on an error, the
fcgi process is blocked for a long time.